We are Harvard: a multi award-winning agency for tech brands big and small. With services spanning creative and marketing, planning and PR, we help our clients make their move and our people make their mark.
We’ve grown phenomenally in the last few years to an 80+ strong business with global clients, and this expansion is set to continue. We are now looking for an Account Executive to join one of our B2B teams and build a career here.
About the role
Reporting into an Account Director and working in a high-performing team, this is a fast-paced and varied role. You’ll be client facing and will have the opportunity to get involved in a wealth of different projects and pieces of work.
The team you’ll join focuses on B2B but with a consumer-facing remit. This is an opportunity to get stuck in and tell stories about how technology is transforming everyday life and society as a whole.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Liaising with clients, helping your team provide consultancy and developing strong relationships with your day-to-day client contacts
- A media hound – pitching for opinion pieces, features, news hijacking and media interviews and securing regular opportunities for your clients
- Drafting written thought leadership content for your clients and placing those pieces across trade and vertical media
- Supporting the team on client calls and in client meetings, updating on your areas and showing proactivity and ownership
- Involved in integrated comms campaign development and owning media launches with your team
- Nurturing your own personal media contacts and knowledge so you can keep developing as a media expert, and keep tapping into those for your clients
- Supporting the team in admin and support tasks
- Working as a team player in the agency and getting involved wherever needed
The day to day will be:
Account management and administration
- Project planning and development of timetables for client work
- Strong support to Account Directors and Managers in driving implementation of agreed client programmes/ work
- Manage work in a timely fashion and delegate ‘upwards’ and ‘downwards’ to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Producing accurate and well thought through written materials, including briefing documents, and client reports/updates
- Regular creative input to account work, including identifying and generating opportunities for promoting account objectives
- Contribute to strategic decisions and planning for client accounts
- Oversee preparations for account meetings and ensure account team, including Director, is fully prepared for these
- Oversee account administration and ensure accurate and efficient processes and reporting
- Assume Account Managers’/Directors’ responsibilities in their absence/ unavailability
Using your skills:
- Contribute to the development of media strategies for clients’ interests
- Monitor media and social channels for relevant client coverage and opportunities for further coverage
- Identify opportunities for clients across the team e.g. comment in response etc
- Circulate relevant sector intelligence to team
- Oversee and implement media relations’ activity, including timings, distribution lists, methods of distribution
- Manage collation of all coverage, evaluation and presentation to client
- Oversee / produce client related materials, e.g. press releases, reports etc
- Develop and maintain relationships with journalists, suppliers, key stakeholders and influencers
- Strong media handling skills, including supporting crisis communications work
- Understand social media networks and keep abreast of new innovations
- Independently research how social media can be used to drive opportunities
- Provide creative input into how digital could be leveraged for client activity
Ideally, we’d like someone who has experience including some time spent in an agency, but we’re absolutely open to hearing from anyone who shares our passion for technology and PR – and has experiences they feel may be relevant to the role. A client-centric, proactive approach with a willingness to go the extra mile will put you in good stead.
At Harvard, we’re very proud of our people-first culture and are 100% committed to providing an environment where each-and-every employee feels empowered to be themselves and thrive every day. And we would love for you to add to the tapestry that is our culture.
In return, we provide all of the benefits you’d expect – profit-related pay, up to 5% matched pension, private medical insurance and structured training to help you develop and progress your career. We also have a few special perks to help our people get through these weird times, such as free (virtual for now) yoga, virtual gym membership, and full access to the mindfulness app Calm.
If all of this sounds like a good fit for you and you’d like to hear more, apply below.