Salary – Up to £38,000
Are you a PR expert who has a desire to take the next steps in your career?
We are Harvard: a multi award-winning agency for tech brands big and small. With services spanning PR, creative and marketing, and planning, we help our clients make their move and our people make their mark.
We’ve grown phenomenally in the last few years to an 80+ strong business with global clients, and this expansion is set to continue. We are now looking for an Account Manager to join the PR team and build a career here.
We are looking for someone who wants to be the beating heart of their client account teams. As an AM, you have a laser-focus in delivering day-to-day results of the highest quality, ensuring that every team member is on track with deliverables and the client is kept up to speed throughout the process.
…friend to our clients
…guide to our account executives
…support to our client leads
…communicator between clients and account teams
…expert in technology, PR and media
You are the driving force that helps us to produce best-in-class strategic account work for clients, helping create strong and relevant media presence for your clients. You are our go-to-expert on the latest media trends and everyday creativity, within the agency.
What you do
For our clients…
- Be a media expert – pitching and securing a steam of interview, feature, byline, and rapid response opportunities to make sure there is real thrust to all accounts
- Grow your media connections into the broadcast, national, and international space
- Develop media outreach plans for clients, manage development of quarterly media calendars, identify proactive and reactive media opportunities
- Write excellent long and short form content for digital and print media
- Manage the pipeline of work across your accounts week-by-week, delegating to junior team members and helping manage their workloads
- Simultaneously manage multiple clients / projects and ensure delivery against targets every month
- Liaise with clients 1:1 and take a lead role on weekly status calls, providing consultancy and developing strong relationships
- Take ownership of client admin: writing contact reports, providing live updates on coverage secured, updating status reports and managing reporting
- Engage Harvard’s full service offering where appropriate to ensure our clients are receiving a best-in-class service
- Take a role in managing third party partners, such as research companies
For our team…
- Guide and mentor junior members of the team, leading by example and sharing best practice
- Establish a strong roster of media contacts that you can draw upon to driving your clients’ comms programmes
- Set an example in you media knowledge and approach to pitching – bringing in media opportunities and guiding the junior team in doing the same
- Support the team by sharing coverage examples and media expertise
- Participate in new business brainstorms, taking an active role in supporting with research and insights
For our agency…
- Develop your PR knowledge and skillset to actively suggest new ideas and advise Harvard’s integrated client portfolio
- Take an active, positive part in our agency culture
- Support Harvard’s own marketing and social activity, for example by sharing content or writing a blog on a PR-related subject that interests you
- Participate in our training programme – Never Stop Learning
- Approach the development of your role with enthusiasm and commitment
- Contribute to a positive, inclusive culture at Harvard
If you have any questions about the recruitment process at Harvard, or would like to discuss accessibility, confidentiality (including gender identity history), or our inclusion policies please contact our People Advisor JNye@vccpbusiness.com. Your enquiry will be kept confidential from the hiring team.