Salary – £46k+
We are Harvard: a multi award-winning agency for tech brands big and small. With services spanning creative and marketing, planning and PR, we help our clients make their move and our people make their mark.
We’ve grown phenomenally in the last few years to an 100+ strong business with global clients, and this expansion is set to continue. We are now looking for an Account Director to join the team and build a career here.
About the role
We are looking for an Account Director to join our B2B tech PR division. With a focus on running impactful PR and integrated programmes and campaigns for our wide range of tech clients.
Who you are
You are a driver, both for our clients and for our account teams. With a day-to-day focus on client and people management, you are fully across the strategic priorities for your accounts and adept at guiding your clients and nurturing your team to deliver on those.
…confidante to our clients
…nurturing to our account teams
…driver to our business
…best practice leader between clients, account teams, planning, editorial, creative & design
…expert in technology, PR & marketing
You are the trusted advisor who helps guide our clients to the optimal outcome, producing best-in-class strategic and creative work. Across the agency, you are our go to expert on best practice day-to-day marketing tactics across the funnel.
What you do
For our clients…
- Drive the rhythm of work across your accounts, taking a monthly and quarterly view to planning and execution
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects / clients and ensure delivery against targets on a quarterly basis
- Work with your associate director/director to develop strategy and scopes of work for clients
- Liaise with clients 1:1 providing consultancy, developing strong relationships, and spotting client development opportunities
- Manage the writing of excellent long and short form content for digital and print media across accounts, proofing and editing confidently
- Be a media expert – pitching and securing top-level interview and byline opportunities with national, broadcast and internal media to help elevate your clients
- Manage client finances and drive organic growth among your client base: drafting proposals, providing revenue updates and ensuring profitability of projects
- Engage our full service offering where appropriate to ensure our clients are receiving a best-in-class service
- Manage financial commitments with third-party suppliers such as research companies, regional PR offices etc. on behalf of clients
For our team…
- Motivate and manage your teams, monitoring resource requirements and flagging issues to your directors
- Guide and mentor junior members of the team as well as developing career plans and undertaking coaching for any direct reports, leading by example and sharing best practice advice
- Work as a team player in the agency and identify opportunities for editorial, creative, and planning to be involved wherever needed
- Feed updates and ideas on improving working practices to director / team lead and support new business activities
- Set an example in media relations – use the contacts you’ve developed over the years and show the junior team how to nurture these relationships themselves
For our agency…
- Develop your PR and marketing knowledge and skillset to actively suggest new ideas and advise Harvard’s integrated client portfolio
- Identify and develop new business opportunities as appropriate to new and existing clients
- Contribute to developing case studies of client work for the Harvard website, creds presentations
- Contribute to and proactively share Harvard’s own marketing and social output
- Work with senior leadership to create a positive, inclusive culture at Harvard
- Participate in our training programme – Never Stop Learning
- Approach the development of your role with enthusiasm and commitment
Who we are
We are a multi award-winning agency for tech brands big and small. With services spanning creative and marketing, planning and PR, we help our clients make their move and our people make their mark. We’ve grown phenomenally in the last few years to an 80+ strong business with global clients – and we continue to expand. Marketing services is a key area of growth for the agency: covering everything from creative campaigns and brand development through to social media, events, influencers and content marketing.
What we believe in
….Social – creating strong teams that know how to work together
…Curious – curiosity leads to continuous questioning and learning
…Open – open minds lead to better ideas and relationships
….Responsible – aiming to be a force for good in the way we do business
…Entrepreneurial – everyone behaving as if it was their own business
…Expert – passionate about being a specialist
What we promise you
At Harvard we believe that your career should be driven by you, guided by a brilliant line manager and enabled by us as an agency. With that in mind, you will have:
- The empowerment and autonomy to take control of your own career path and make use of all of the support and guidance available
- Comprehensive training through easy access to our ‘Never Stop Learning’ programme
- A talent management structure built around personal contact and clear communication on career paths and the meaning of high performance at Harvard
- A diverse and varied client-base, with opportunities to build skills, try new types of work and work across teams
- An equal and inclusive culture and approach, ensuring that all voices are heard and respected and we continue embrace new ideas
Are you ready to make your move?
Our people are our superpower – we exist to enable every single one to reach their potential. We know we can only achieve that by creating and maintaining an environment where anyone, from any background feels safe, inspired and encouraged to thrive. That is our People First Promise.
We provide all the benefits you’d expect – profit-related pay, up to 5% matched pension, private medical insurance, discounted gym membership and structured training to help you develop and progress your career. As well as a few that are a little special such as; industry leading gender neutral parental leave, free yoga, full access to the mindfulness app Calm and a monthly Deliveroo breakfast and pizza on us, to name a few!