Salary – £30k to £35k
We are Harvard: a multi-award-winning agency for tech brands big and small. With services spanning creative and marketing, planning and PR, we help our clients make their move and our people make their mark.
We’ve grown phenomenally in the last few years to an 80+ strong business with global clients, and this expansion is set to continue. Marketing services is a key area of growth for the agency: covering everything from creative campaigns and brand development through to social media, events, influencers, and content marketing.
We are now looking for a Content Writer/Editorial Manager to join the team and build a career here.
Who you are
Are you a strong writer with client-facing experience? Perhaps you’re a PR person whose favourite part of the day is writing or a marketing account executive who loves all things digital content. Either way, if you’re interested in technology and have previous B2B content writing experience, we want to hear from you.
In this role, you’ll have a day-to-day focus on strategic content writing and the ability to use your outstanding insight, storytelling skills and creativity to craft exceptional content for our tech clients – ranging anywhere from cybersecurity to driverless cars.
…passionate about writing
…proactive and enjoy a job well done
…interested in technology and its impact on the world around us
…creative and relish telling a story with flair
…forward-thinking with an interest in what’s next in content – from SEO to digital storytelling
…comfortable advising clients and internal stakeholders
…collaborative, able to work across teams with different skillsets
What you do
For our clients…
- Write high-quality mid- and long-form digital content, using your expertise in different formats, tone of voice, writing structure and an appreciation of SEO to deliver exceptional work
- Have a sharp eye for detail and ensure content is free of spelling and grammatical errors
- Simplify complex topics and develop lively and creative storylines that will engage audiences
- Deliver all work to brief and to deadline, sharing content for subediting by the wider team
- Understand and reflect client priorities and sensitivities in every piece you develop
- Manage your time effectively across multiple projects and be able to work under high time pressure when needed
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in tech and business, and suggest storylines or content to client teams where appropriate
- Use tools such as Moz (for SEO) and SimilarWeb (for website traffic analysis) to support recommendations and optimise content. Familiarity with these tools would be a bonus!
For our team…
- Work closely with client services teams on day-to-day tasks, to ensure we can deliver the best content for our clients
- Support other members of the agency in developing their writing skills, participating in editorial buddying and the agency’s Never Stop Learning programme
- Collaborate with your colleagues in the editorial team to ensure all projects are delivered to brief and to deadline
- Help to grow our team’s content capabilities by supporting best practice and identifying opportunities for new services
- Build strong relationships across the PR, marketing, creative and planning teams to identify new opportunities to collaborate
- Support Harvard’s digital presence, for example by sharing content or writing a blog on a content-related subject which supports the agency’s own marketing efforts
For our agency…
- Develop your content writing knowledge and skillset to actively suggest new ideas and advise Harvard’s integrated client portfolio
- Take an active, positive part in our agency culture and support Harvard’s own marketing and social activity
- Participate in our training programme – Never Stop Learning
- Approach the development of your role with enthusiasm and commitment
- Contribute to a positive, inclusive culture at Harvard
What we believe in
Harvard’s values are fundamental to helping ensure we operate in a high-performing manner, remain people-first, and crucially succeed as an organisation collectively. We expect us all to live and breathe these values. They encapsulate the culture that fosters a happy, supportive and rewarding working environment, and also drive growth for our business by helping us know our clients and unlock opportunities. The Harvard values are:
- Courage: We actively challenge – ourselves, our clients and the industry – by being brave, thinking big and always striving to do better
- Compassion: We put people first, creating an environment rooted in kindness, empathy, respect and inclusivity.
- Curiosity: We are strategic and creative problem solvers, restless in our learning and in the pursuit of innovation.
- Candour: We quickly and openly address challenges head-on and have the conversations we need to in order to do the right thing and get to the right answer.
- Commitment: We strive every day for high performance, as individuals and for the collective, aligning personal success and growth with the success of the business as a whole
What we promise you
At Harvard we believe that your career should be driven by you, guided by a brilliant line manager and supported by us as an agency. With that in mind, you will have:
- The empowerment and autonomy to take control of your own career path and make use of all of the support and guidance available
- Comprehensive training through easy access to our ‘Never Stop Learning’ programme
- A talent management structure built around personal contact and clear communication on career paths and the meaning of high performance at Harvard
- A diverse and varied client-base, with opportunities to build skills, try new types of work and work across teams
- An equal and inclusive culture and approach, ensuring that all voices are heard and respected and we continue to embrace new ideas