Salary – up to £25k
We are Harvard: a multi award-winning agency for tech brands big and small. With services spanning creative and marketing, planning and PR, we help our clients make their move and our people make their mark.
We’ve grown phenomenally in the last few years to an 100+ strong business with global clients, and this expansion is set to continue. We are now looking for a Junior Account Executive to join the team and build a career here.
About the role
Who you are
You are the engine room of our accounts. With a focus on day-to-day task management and smooth running of account processes, you are integral to ensuring clients and our internal teams have what they need to forge ahead.
…reporter to our clients
…support to our account teams
…energy to our business
…communicator between clients and account teams
…mastering technology, PR and media
You are the lynchpin that ensures the smooth running of strategic client work and campaigns, you should know your accounts inside and out, thinking about how we ensure we achieve our targets each month. Across the agency, you are our go to expert on the latest stories, media trends, and everyday creativity.
What you do
For our clients…
- Drive the day-to-day rhythm of work across your accounts
- Be a media hound – pitching and securing a steam of interview, feature, byline and rapid response opportunities to make sure there is real thrust to all accounts
- Simultaneously complete tasks across multiple accounts and projects
- Respond to and liaise with clients, providing consultancy and developing strong relationships
- Contribute to our clients’ media planning by drafting, updating, and maintaining the media calendar as well as spotting proactive and reactive media opportunities
- Write well-thought through written materials, including briefing documents, opinion pieces, blogs and social posts
- Take ownership of client admin: writing contact reports, providing live updates on coverage secured, updating the scorecards and status reports
For our team…
- Work to build out your own media contacts, developing relationships with journalists
- Support each other by circulating relevant sector intelligence and relevant news stories, sharing media expertise, media lists, previous experiences
- Participate in new business brainstorms, taking an active role in supporting with research and insights
For our agency…
- Develop your PR knowledge and skillset to be able to actively identify media opportunities for all teams, suggest joint pitches and float new ideas for media
- Start to learn about Harvard’s integrated client portfolio – look at how PR can work within a wider marketing context
- Through building your own connections with journalists, help to nurture Harvard’s excellent reputation with the media
- Take an active, positive role in our agency culture and support Harvard’s own marketing and social activity
- Participate in our training programme – Never Stop Learning
- Approach the development of your role with enthusiasm and commitment
- Contribute to a positive, inclusive culture at Harvard
Who we are
We are a multi award-winning agency for tech brands big and small. With services spanning creative and marketing, planning and PR, we help our clients make their move and our people make their mark. We’ve grown phenomenally in the last few years to an 80+ strong business with global clients – and we continue to expand. Marketing services is a key area of growth for the agency: covering everything from creative campaigns and brand development through to social media, events, influencers and content marketing.
What we believe in
….Social – creating strong teams that know how to work together
…Curious – curiosity leads to continuous questioning and learning
…Open – open minds lead to better ideas and relationships
….Responsible – aiming to be a force for good in the way we do business
…Entrepreneurial – everyone behaving as if it was their own business
…Expert – passionate about being a specialist
What we promise you
At Harvard we believe that your career should be driven by you, guided by a brilliant line manager and enabled by us as an agency. With that in mind, you will have:
- The empowerment and autonomy to take control of your own career path and make use of all of the support and guidance available
- Comprehensive training through easy access to our ‘Never Stop Learning’ programme
- A talent management structure built around personal contact and clear communication on career paths and the meaning of high performance at Harvard
- A diverse and varied client-base, with opportunities to build skills, try new types of work and work across teams
- An equal and inclusive culture and approach, ensuring that all voices are heard and respected and we continue embrace new ideas
Are you ready to make your move?
Our people are our superpower – we exist to enable every single one to reach their potential. We know we can only achieve that by creating and maintaining an environment where anyone, from any background feels safe, inspired and encouraged to thrive. That is our People First Promise.
We provide all the benefits you’d expect – profit-related pay, up to 5% matched pension, private medical insurance, discounted gym membership and structured training to help you develop and progress your career. As well as a few that are a little special such as; industry leading gender neutral parental leave, free yoga, full access to the mindfulness app Calm and a monthly Deliveroo breakfast and pizza on us, to name a few!