Salary – Up to £25,000
We are Harvard: a multi award-winning agency for tech brands big and small. With services spanning creative and marketing, planning and PR, we help our clients make their move and our people make their mark.
We’ve grown phenomenally in the last few years to an 80+ strong business with global clients, and this expansion is set to continue. We are now looking for a Junior Planner to join the team and build a career here.
About the role
Reporting into a senior planner, we’re looking for a junior planner who’ll work across our client base, helping to develop insights, inform campaigns, and report on campaign performance and deliverables.
You’ll be a curious character who thrives on trends and patterns. With a day-to-day focus on research and analysis, you’ll ensure that every research summary, key message or campaign recommendation is rooted in strategic market, audience and brand understanding.
Working with some of the most well-known and innovative tech brands, you’ll get the opportunity to help guide clients on what they should talk about in the media, what they should campaign on next and how they can make their move in the market.
Strong research is the beating heart of the planning team, so you’ll be:
- Adept at desk research, able to identify what is useful information, what to discard, and then share or present a relevant summary
- Analyse third-party quantitative research data and learn about research proposals and the briefing process
- Contribute to more in-depth planning documents, such as market maps, competitor analyses, content audits and brand planning
- Begin to support Planners with survey development and understand research techniques, scales, questionnaire wording and strategy
You’ll be curious, always looking for new trends and development in the world of tech and comms:
- Proactively share items of interest i.e. reports, insights, campaigns, concepts
- Develop your technology knowledge and show interest in and curiosity for our clients’ audiences and categories
- Demonstrate a curiosity and appetite to learn new skills, getting stuck into projects and helping the rest of the Planning team as required
- Use free or Harvard-owned tools – including Google Trends, Sparktoro, Statista, Moz and Google Data Studio – to identify or substantiate opportunities, insights and trends, and identity influencers
- Approach the development of your role with enthusiasm and commitment and contribute to a positive, inclusive culture at Harvard
Working closely with PR and marketing account teams and our creative team, you’ll help inspire and measure campaigns:
- Gain familiarity with the creative process: attending creative briefs and developing the ability to respond to creative work and provide useful feedback
- Use data and actionable insight to help develop, target, optimise and measure campaigns spanning the full customer journey
- Produce all written documents to a high standard, with clear structure, simplicity of language and relevant word choice
What we promise you
At Harvard we believe that your career should be driven by you, guided by a brilliant line manager and supported by us as an agency. With that in mind, you will have:
- The empowerment and autonomy to take control of your own career path and make use of all of the support and guidance available
- Comprehensive training through easy access to our ‘Never Stop Learning’ programme
- A talent management structure built around personal contact and clear communication on career paths and the meaning of high performance at Harvard
- A diverse and varied client-base, with opportunities to build skills, try new types of work and work across teams
- An equal and inclusive culture and approach, ensuring that all voices are heard and respected and we continue to embrace new ideas
In return, we provide all of the benefits you’d expect – profit-related pay, up to 5% matched pension, private medical insurance and structured training to help you develop and progress your career. We also have a few special perks to help our people get through these weird times, such as free (virtual for now) yoga and full access to the mindfulness app Calm.
If all of this sounds like a good fit for you and you’d like to hear more, apply below.