Salary – Up to £32,000
We are Harvard: a multi award-winning agency for tech brands big and small. With services spanning creative and marketing, planning and PR, we help our clients make their move and our people make their mark.
We’ve grown phenomenally in the last few years to an 80+ strong business with global clients, and this expansion is set to continue. We are now looking for a Senior Account Executive to join one of our B2B teams and build a career here.
About the role
You are taking your first step into leadership, becoming a role model for other account executives. This is your chance to show that you have the skills and attitude to eventually become an Account Manager. Now, we are looking to see you go above and beyond the day-to-day task management – it is time to start understanding the strategic nuances of each account, taking into consideration the pressures that each client is facing, and answering these pressures as best you can.
You are a critical component of a successful account, and we need you to lead the way in reporting, to start thinking about how we can ensure we are hitting our targets each month.
What you do
For our clients…
- Drive the day-to-day rhythm of work across your accounts
- Be a media hound – pitching and securing a steam of interview, feature, byline and rapid response opportunities to make sure there is real thrust to all accounts
- Begin to push yourself, and your clients, into higher level media such as broadcast and nationals
- Simultaneously complete tasks across multiple accounts and projects
- Take a lead in responding to clients on day-to-day matters, providing consultancy and developing strong relationships
- Become a visible part of the account team, sharing news and updates with clients on a regular basis
- Begin to manage client relationships for both yourself and other junior team members by writing contact reports, providing live updates on coverage secured, updating the scorecards and status reports
- Write well-thought through written materials, including briefing documents, opinion pieces, blogs and social posts
- Contribute to our client’s outreach planning by leading the development, drafting, and maintenance of the media calendar as well as spotting both reactive and proactive media opportunities
For our team…
- Establish solid relationships with your media contacts, regularly speaking with core journalists from a wide variety of trades, nationals, sectors and verticals
- Support other team members by sharing coverage examples, media expertise, media lists, previous experiences
- Participate in new business brainstorms, taking an active role in supporting with research and insights
- Be a constructive and empathetic voice on the team, pushing us to grow and improve
For our agency…
- Develop your PR knowledge and skillset to be able to actively suggest joint pitches and new ideas for media
- Take an active, positive role in our agency culture and support Harvard’s own marketing and social activity
- Maintain Harvard’s excellent reputation with the journalist community by using your own growing pool of contacts and introducing them to other members of the team
- Participate in our training programme – Never Stop Learning
- Approach the development of your role with enthusiasm and commitment
- Contribute to a positive, inclusive culture at Harvard
If you have any questions about the recruitment process at Harvard, or would like to discuss accessibility, confidentiality (including gender identity history), or our inclusion policies please contact our People Advisor JNye@vccpbusiness.com. Your enquiry will be kept confidential from the hiring team.