We are Harvard: a multi award-winning agency for tech brands big and small. With services spanning creative and marketing, strategy, content and PR, we help our clients make their move and our people make their mark.
We’ve grown phenomenally in the last few years to a 100+ strong business with global clients, and this expansion is set to continue. We are now looking for a Senior Strategist to join the team and build a career here.
About the role
Reporting into the UK Strategy Director, we’re looking for a Senior Strategist who’ll work across our client base, helping to bring integrated thinking to our comms and content campaigns.
You’ll be the strategic lead on your key client accounts, bringing proactivity and technical specialism to your role. You ensure that every client and every campaign has a clear strategy and achieves outstanding results and business impact. You also set a brilliant example within the team, helping to manage and develop junior members of the team as they progress.
Working with some of the most well-known and innovative tech brands, you’ll get the opportunity to help guide clients on what they should campaign on next, which marketing channels they should be using and how they can make their move in the market.
Smart insights and critical thinking are the superpower of the Strategy & Planning team, so you’ll be:
- Confident providing a strategic vision for every client and every campaign you oversee, through clear strategies and persuasive storytelling
- Develop comms and campaign planning, messaging, narratives, brand architectures and thought leadership content that provide the foundation for client programmes and campaigns
- Influence senior client stakeholders, provide answers and advice, and proactively bring the agency’s thoughts and ideas into any strategy-led presentations
- Develop presentations, proposals, reports and content that will help shape clients’ comms and marketing plans
- Lead on more in-depth strategic and planning documents, such as competitor analyses, website audits and persona development
- Regularly work on new business, beyond insights to strategy, measurement and programme architecture and take a lead role in pitches
You’ll be curious, always looking for new trends and development in the world of tech and comms:
- Think ahead for new products, service offerings or methodologies that the team could use or sell and create relevant propositions
- Provide insight into and understanding of the broader tech industry and where the client sits within it, to be able to advise them effectively
- Use existing and discover new free and Harvard-owned tools – including Google Trends, Analytics and Data Studio, Sparktoro, Statista, Moz – to identify or substantiate opportunities, insights and trends, and identify influencers
- Approach the development of your role, and others within the team, with enthusiasm and commitment and contribute to a positive, inclusive culture at Harvard
You’ll be confident working across the marketing ecosystem, with a specific passion for demand generation:
- Bring expert knowledge of digital channels and techniques (including social, SEO, influencers, email, ABM) and use them for everything from awareness driving to demand generation
- Have a good understanding and practical experience of the latest digital demand generation theory and best practice techniques, including lead nurture and lead scoring and measurement
- Use paid media campaigns (PPC, social, display) to drive inbound traffic
- Experience and understanding of marketing automation platforms such as HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot or similar
Working closely with PR and marketing account teams and our creative team, you’ll help bring integrated thinking to the agency and clients:
- Expertly brief the creative team, providing the strategic direction and defining the guidelines from which they can work their magic
- Bring deep understanding to the account teams of the role digital and social channels play in changing audience behaviour and driving meaningful outcomes for brands
- Use data and actionable insight to help develop, target, optimise and measure campaigns spanning the full customer journey
What we promise you
At Harvard we believe that your career should be driven by you, guided by a brilliant line manager and supported by us as an agency. With that in mind, you will have:
- The empowerment and autonomy to take control of your own career path and make use of all of the support and guidance available
- Comprehensive training through easy access to our ‘Never Stop Learning’ programme
- A talent management structure built around personal contact and clear communication on career paths and the meaning of high performance at Harvard
- A diverse and varied client-base, with opportunities to build skills, try new types of work and work across teams
- An equal and inclusive culture and approach, ensuring that all voices are heard and respected and we continue to embrace new ideas
In return, we provide all of the benefits you’d expect – profit-related pay, up to 5% matched pension, private medical insurance and structured training to help you develop and progress your career. We also have a few special perks to help our people get through these weird times, such as free (virtual for now) yoga and full access to the mindfulness app Calm.
If all of this sounds like a good fit for you and you’d like to hear more, apply below.