Salary – up to £37.500
We are Harvard: a multi award-winning marketing and PR agency that helps technology brands make their move. With services spanning creative and marketing, planning and PR, we help our clients make their move and our people make their mark.
We’ve grown phenomenally in the last few years to a 100+ strong business with global clients, and this expansion is set to continue. We are now looking for a digitally savvy Strategist to join the team and build a career here.
About the role
We’re looking for a Strategist who’ll work across our client base, bringing analytical thinking and using insights and expertise to improve our clients’ comms. Able to think digital-first, you will play a regular role in advising our clients, with a day-to-day focus on research and analysis – delivering research summaries, key messages and campaigns that are rooted in strategic market audience and brand understanding.
Working with some of the most well-known and innovative tech brands, you’ll get the opportunity to help guide clients on what they should campaign on next, which marketing channels they should be using and how they can make their move in the market.
While previous strategy experience is brilliant, it’s not essential: we’re looking for strategic thinkers who can add to our team. You might have worked in a research or analyst role; be looking to switch from a marketing or PR account role; or have started your career in media planning and be looking for a new adventure.
You will report into our strategy director and be a key and active member in our growing Strategy and Planning team.
…trusted advisor and guide to our clients
…insight developer for new business
…research developer and analyst for our strategy leads
…strategic guide for PR & Marketing account teams
…expert in B2B technology & business decision-makers
Illuminating insights are the Strategy & Planning team’s secret weapon, so you’ll be:
- Adept at desk research at pace and scale; being able to identify what is the status quo and what is a new development or trend
- Expert at finding the tensions or tug-of-wars that help our clients see their market, audience or brand in a new way – delivering pithy insights that deliver “aha” moments
- Lead on more in-depth planning documents, such as market maps, competitor analyses, content audits and brand planning
- Work alongside Senior Strategists on campaign research proposals, interrogating the client to understand their aims and developing surveys from brief to analysis, ensuring they explore a unique or untapped business problem or audience pain point
You’ll be curious, always looking for new trends and development in the world of tech and B2B:
- Proactively share items of interest i.e. reports, insights, campaigns that may impact our clients’ businesses or comms
- Develop your technology knowledge and show curiosity for and expertise in our clients’ audiences and categories
- Help Junior Strategists and the wider agency develop their skills and knowledge of clients, technology, markets, audiences and planning processes
- Be adept at using free or Harvard-owned tools – including Google Trends, Sparktoro, Statista, Moz and Google Data Studio – to identify or substantiate opportunities, insights and trends, and identity influencers
- Have an understanding of the potential and application of martech from ABM and demand gen through to personalisation and lead nurture platforms
- Approach the development of your role with enthusiasm and commitment and contribute to a positive, inclusive culture at Harvard
Partnering and providing counsel to PR and marketing account teams and our creative team, you’ll help create, drive and measure campaigns:
- Become a central strategist for several accounts with support from Senior Strategists, developing insights, helping to create campaigns, presenting campaign performance and deliverables to clients
- Co-host narrative, messaging and Being Bolder sessions with clients, developing the write-ups and outputs of these sessions to a high standard
- Develop creative briefs in line with client objectives and take the lead on briefing the creative teams and giving feedback to help them refine their work and remain “on strategy”
- Use data and actionable insight to help develop, target, optimise and measure campaigns spanning the full customer journey
- Live by the motto that “strategy is your words”, producing all written documents to a high standard with simplicity of language and relevant word choice
What we promise you
At Harvard we believe that your career should be driven by you, guided by a brilliant line manager and supported by us as an agency.
We provide all of the benefits you’d expect – profit-related pay, up to 5% matched pension, private medical insurance and structured training to help you develop and progress your career. We also have a few special perks such as free yoga and full access to the mindfulness app Calm and Deliveroo breakfast!
If all of this sounds like a good fit for you and you’d like to hear more, apply below.